VOLUNTEERS PROJECT SUCHIPAKARI LODGE
Name of the project: Suchipakari Lodge
Project Description: Suchipakari Lodge is a comfortable lodge that blends seamlessly into its surroundings on the banks of the Napo river in the Ecuadorian Amazon region, offering a touch of luxury In addition to studying Spanish for 4 hours a day there are planned excursions and activities to keep you busy for the week, exploring the surrounding jungle, river, and local culture. Students leave Quito for Tena on Sunday afternoon, arriving after a 5 hour bus ride to spend the night in Tena. There you will take class on Monday morning before traveling to Misahualli and Suchipakari. After a week of classes and activities the program ends on Friday. From there you can either stay an extra night in Tena where you can enjoy whitewater rafting or other activities, or return to Quito with your teacher.
(subject to revision depending on local conditions)
Depart by bus from Quito to Tena (about 5 hours), overnight in Tena.
Classes in the morning. At mid-day you will be collected and will travel to Misahualli to enjoy the beach on the river and the monkeys that roam around freely. Then on to Suchipakari for dinner.
In the morning by canoe to the Amazoonico animal rescue center, with a packedlunch. Classes in the afternoon. Night walk in the jungle after dinner.
Hike to Rayu Cocha waterfall, learning about medicinal plants. Classes in the afternoon after lunch at the lodge.
Classes in the morning. After lunch visit a Kichwa community to learn about traditional life in this part of the jungle.
Spanish classes in the morning. From there you will be transported back to Tena for lunch in a local restaurant.
This is a guide to the activities on offer and may change according to circumstances at the time of your visit, taking advantage of the presence of other visitors and options that may arise.
What to bring:
• Insect repellet
• Lightweight long-sleeve shirts and pants
• Rain poncho
• Water bottle (they have their own filtered water, but it's a good idea to have your own bottle)
• A good book to read in the evenings.
• 20 hours of spanish classes
• Transport Quito-Tena-Quito
• 5 nights accommodation (or 6 nights without return transport to Quito as above)
• Transport to the lodge and local transfers, canoe, etc
• All meals
• All entrance fees
• Personal spending or additional activities not included in the program outlined above
1 Student : 1 Teacher
2 Students : 1 Teacher
Optional activities once classes finish on the Friday are:
• White water rafting or kayaking in Tena
• The caves of Jumandy in nearby Archidona
• Visit Kamak Maki (a Yanapuma project in Chichicorumi near Tena)
• Visit the Parque Amazonico in Tena
PROJECT WITH CHILDREN