PARIWANA HOSTEL VOLUNTEER PROJECT
Name of the project: Pariwana Hostel
Project Description: The Pariwana Hostels are located in Lima and Cusco and have become a top accommodation choice for backpackers. The hostel in Cusco is situated in a 16th century colonial house in the heart of the historical city, only two blocks from the center (Plaza de Armas). The colonial house has 180 spacious, comfortable beds in either large bedrooms or private rooms. In Pariwana Cusco, there are numerous services offered such as: breakfast, lunch and dinner, laundry, airport pick up, free internet access, cable TV, book exchange, pool table, free salsa lessons, a travel center where tours can be booked, and a bar open every evening.
The Pariwana Hostels are named after the Peruvian bird which has the colors of the Peruvian flag (red breast and white wings), as Don Jose de San Martin, the liberator of Peru, saw the flight of freedom in Pisco, Peru. The pariwana, named after the Andes flamingo from the coast, highlands and jungle of Peru.
Volunteer Responsibilities: There are many tasks open to the volunteers that choose this project. These may include but are not limited to working at the bar, reception duties, helping with organizing activities for guests and working in the sales/marketing division as well.
Minimum Stay Required: 4 weeks
• Volunteers without specific studies
Required Level of Spanish: Basic
Typical Workday Hours: Working hours are dependent on your task:
• Reception from 10am – 2pm
• Bar from 5pm – 9pm
• Marketing has hours available the entire day
• Transportation from Cusco airport
• Introductory tour
• Welcome dinner
• 20 hours of Spanish lessons
• Introduction to project with in country coordinator
• First accommodation option in a volunteer shared apartment
• Second accommodation option in a host family (for an additional 50 dollars/week- three meals included)
• Salsa lessons, cooking lessons, game nights (once a week)
• Horseback riding or white water rafting excursions
• Teaching materials for the course
• Support / contact person in the project
• Emergency contact available 24 hours a day
• The support of our local staff and coordinators
• A T-shirt from our organization
• Certificate of your participation in the project
• Certificate of your Spanish level after classes
• Administration costs
• Travel insurance
• Personal expenses
• Tickets to tourist sites
• Extra tours or excursions
Option: If you would like our organization to arrange your flight from Lima to Cusco and an overnight stay in a hotel in Lima, the extra cost will amount to 327 dollars.
(Incl. spanish lessons one week)
(Incl. spanish lessons four weeks)
Extra week Spanish lessons
Extra week accommodation
If you would like our organization to arrange your flight from Lima to Cusco and an overnight stay in a hotel in Lima, the extra cost will amount to 327 dollars.
PROJECT WITH CHILDREN