VOLUNTEER PROJECT INFORMATION – EDUCACIÓN EN TENA
Name of the project: Work in education projects in the Ecuadorian Amazon with students aged 6-18 yrs
Location: Tena, a mid-sized city in the Amazon region
• Colegio San Jose is eager to receive volunteers who are willing to primarily teach English and computer skills to these high school students, although you would also be able to help in other subjects as well. Here you would be an assistant to one of the English teachers and help particularly with pronunciation and grammar of the students. No teaching experience necessary.
• In Tena there is the possibility of working with a local elementary school as well. Here you would also be an assistant to a teacher and could teach a variety of subjects depending on your interests to younger children.
Range of volunteer tasks: As stated above, it depends on your interests and experience, but can get involved in the variety of activities in the elementary or high school, or the after school program. If you will be there for an extended amount of time and are interested in teaching a skill that you know, that would certainly be a possibility.
Minimum amount of time: One month, but longer is preferred
Minimum level of Spanish required: High Intermediate
Schedule: To be arranged with the program they are working with. The schools run in the mornings 7:30-12:30 but there is also work preparing lessons as well as after school activities.
• Transportation from the airport of Quito
• Introductory tour
• Welcome dinner
• 20 hours of Spanish lessons
• Transportation to the project after class
• Transportation back to Cusco
• Accommodation in a shared apartment (Family house with bedroom, it is possible to have three meals a day for a fee of 30 euros / week during the course).
• Accommodation in a carefully selected bedroom
• Salsa lessons, cooking lessons, games during the Spanish lessons (once a week)
• Games during the language course
• Teaching materials for the course
• Support / contact person in the project
• Emergency number of the local teams are available 24 hours to 24 hours
• The support of our local staff
• A T-shirt from our organization
• The support of our coordinators of our, in advance experimented, programs during and after your trip
• Certificate of your participation in the project
• Certificate of your Spanish course
• A ride on horseback or rafting
• Administration costs
• School activities every weekend (extra charge)
• National and international flights
• Travel insurance
• Personal expenses for leisure
• Tickets to tourist sites
(Incl. spanish lessons one week)
(Incl. spanish lessons four weeks)
Extra week Spanish lessons
Extra week accommodation
PROJECT WITH CHILDREN